Sunday, June 5, 2011

A TIME TO CHILL

It must be Sunday, 'cause I'm tired and wanting to do as little as I can possibly get away with. Can't believe I'm saying this - I've always looked at every day as an opportunity to get things done. And I'm not a particularly religious person, so I don't subscribe to the whole "day of rest" concept.  But I am learning to enjoy a good day of relaxation here and there, and lately that day seems to occur most often on Sunday. It's probably middle-aged ennui or perimenopause kicking in, but whatever the reason, I find I need more "down time" now than I used to when I was in my 20s and 30s. A nap here, a couch potato day there -- it's all good. So go ahead, youngsters, and have fun running on fumes. Me, I'm gonna pull off the highway and refuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment