Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hot Shit

There are few things like a weeklong case of diarrhea to humble a person. Take it from one who knows firsthand. I've been having "watery stools" (one of the ways it's described on web pages) for a little over a week now, and I'm getting a very harsh (and smelly) message from my bowels that I am not in charge of my body. True, I may own it and live in it 24/7, and  I can eat right, work out, and get a physical every year, but that doesn't guarantee that I'll stay healthy. It makes me think about those poor victims of the recent tornadoes in the U.S.,  just trying to live a decent life when a tornado comes along and blows it all to pieces. Don't get me wrong, I'm not equating having diarrhea for a week with losing a home, but you get my point: life will throw curve balls at you and sometimes you just can't hit them, no matter how hard you try. All you can really do is duck and hope you don't get beaned in the head by the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment