Tuesday, June 7, 2011

HOT KINDLING

Okay, so I FINALLY downloaded something to my Kindle (well, actually, my husband did it for me, but that's beside the point). I've had it for over a month now, so I guess it's time to start using the darned thing.. As with all new techie gadgets, I enter the fray with unease and a mild fear of the unknown. I also wonder if I'll be able to sustain my nurturing relationship with my television once I get Kindle-savvy. Dinosaur that I am, I still enjoy watching television, especially on the "big screen" in the living room. But I think I'm going to enjoy my Kindle once I get the hang of it. I'm really looking forward to reading magazines on it. In fact, the "something" I refer to in the first sentence of this post is the current issue of Reader's Digest (I told you I'm a dinosaur!)
I do have one burning question  for the Kindle-makers and marketers - why oh why did you decide to name it Kindle? I believe the word kindle is a verb, not a noun. It's like calling a car, um, driven or motorized instead of car. I admit that the competition didn't do very well naming its reader either, but hey, at least "Nook" is a noun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment