Thursday, March 10, 2011

Daylight Savings Time - What the What?

As I get old(er), I find I am questioning the purpose of things I took for granted when I was young. Take Daylight Savings Time, for example. I used to like the fact that it stayed light longer, especially in the summertime. I could stay outside and play longer after dinner before Mom expected me to come home for the night, and that was awesome.  But now that I'm almost 50, fewer hours of darkness at night means less guilt-free time laying on the couch in front of the t.v. When the sun's up I feel I should be productive, or at least upright. Plus there's the whole losing-an-hour-of-sleep downside to setting the clock forward. I mean, besides watching television on the sofa and going to sleep what the hell do we grown-ups have to look forward to at night? I think it's time we join together and put a stop to this loathsome entity known as Daylight Savings Time, once and for all. We'll all sleep better at night -- well, at least yours truly will.

No comments:

Post a Comment