Sunday, April 10, 2011

What's Hot in Music

I'll be 50 this year (yikes!), but despite my advancing age I still get a jones for heavy metal and hard rock music on a regular basis. Even the dead-on heavy metal mockumentary Spinal Tap couldn't stop me from loving Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Aerosmith, to name a few of my favorite bands of the genre. Lucky for me, when I get a craving for some hard-driving music, I can almost always find it playing on the radio, as there are a couple of stations that program it in the metropolitan Washington, D.C. market. And while I might not crank the volume up as much as I did when I was in my 20's and 30's when a great metal song comes on,  I still like it best when it's rather loud. A perfect spring afternoon for me would be listening to Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy while reading Creem magazine and smoking Marlboro 100 cigarettes. Rock on!

1 comment:

  1. Crank those tunes! (I could do without the cancer sticks.)

    ReplyDelete